EVERYONE is important in building community philanthropy!
Whether you make a gift to an existing fund or open your own named fund, these endowments support the community year after year. (Endowments are funds that are invested forever to provide a permanent source of income for Davie County projects and organizations – ultimately benefiting Davie County people!)
We know that philanthropic capital, secured in permanent community endowments is the most reliable source we have for future funding needs. Click here to view the types of funds offered through DCF. You may also want to check out the FAQ page to view commonly asked questions with answers about giving through the Foundation.
Gifts to the Davie Community Foundation can be made in a variety of ways. Current gifts take the form of:
- Cash/Check – The simplest form of gift! Checks should be made payable to Davie Community Foundation with the fund name noted in the memo section.
- Online – Visit the Donate Page to make a credit card gift to the fund of your choice. Just choose the fund name in the “Allocate Donation” drop down or add the fund name in the “Comments”.
- Publicly traded stock – DCF staff should be contacted for specific directions to transfer securities.
- Closely held stock – DCF staff should be contacted about gifting closely held stock.
- Real Estate/Land – DCF should be contacted to discuss the Real Estate / Land you wish to donate. The Board and Staff will evaluate each situation on a case-by-case basis.
Click here to view Davie Community FpoGift Acceptance Policies
Deferred gifts may be created through:
Bequest – Perhaps the simplest form of planned giving and the vehicle most commonly used. The donor makes a provision in his or her Will or Living Trust for a gift to the Foundation (DCF).
Individual Retirement Account (IRA) – Designating the DCF as the beneficiary of an IRA is an excellent way to make a gift to charity, using an asset that otherwise might be heavily taxed (up to 80%) as part of the Donor’s estate.
Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) – Allows donors to place an asset, such as cash, securities or real estate in a trust, which is then sold and invested. Gifts to a CRT are tax-deductible and no capital gains tax is paid when the securities or real estate are sold. A Charitable Remainder Trust provides income to the Donor, or a loved one for life, after which the Trust goes to the DCF for a purpose the Donor has specified.
Charitable Lead Trust (CLT) – Pays income to the DCF for a set term of years, after which time, the Donor (or his or her heirs) receives the assets. A CLT allows the Donor to pass the gifted assets to his or her heirs with a substantially reduced gift or estate tax burden.
Life Insurance – The Donor names the DCF as the owner and beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy, and receives a current income tax charitable deduction. The Donor may also name the DCF as beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy and receive an estate tax deduction upon his or her death.
A list of non-profit organizations in Davie County can be found here.