S.U.R.F. Board Awarded $8,812 in 2023 Grants
- Davie County High School -$500 to start Thrifty Eagle which will acquire gently used clothing from the school community to distribut to Davie High students in need.
- Davie High Band Booster Club -$4,000 to purchase a new trombone to allow students to play a professional grade instrument.
- Davie County High School-$500 to plan and execute a field trip for the Soaring Eagles class to visit Bitty and Beau’s coffee shop. This organization hires employees with special needs, and it will hopefully be encouraging for the students to visit.
- South Davie Middle School-$884 for A Sense of Belonging to create an outdoor space with tables and chairs and encouraging messages for students.
- The Dragonfly House – $928 for Project Linus to purchase supplies needed to make handmade blankets to distribute to children in need.
- All American City- $2,000 to assist with travel expenses for the youth representing at the All American City Awards in Denver.
S.U.R.F. Board Grant Applications are available March 1st and are due by March 25th.