2020 S.U.R.F. BOARD POPSICLE 5K
Join the Davie Community Foundation SURF Board as they raise money to fund youth led grants, that benefit youth and children in Davie County, NC. The 9th Annual Popsicle 5K welcomes all abilities of runners. Not a runner? No worries, walkers are welcome too! The race kicks off at 8:30am, with packet pick up and on site registration starting at 7:15 am.
The Popsicle 5K is a fun family event, with a variety of fun activities:
- Each participant receives a Raffle Ticket at packet pick up for a chance to win one of many great prizes.
- Come in your favorite wintery costume. The most creative chilly costume will take home a prize.
- Brain Freeze Challenge – Each participant can choose to complete the Brain Freeze Challenge by eating a popsicle at the start, middle and end of the race.
- Zero K – Do you want to support the Popsicle 5K or a friend who is a participant, but not interested in tackling the course yourself? No worries! Sign up at the door for the Zero K, and you don’t have to run an inch.
- Kids 8 and under who are not running will be entertained by SURF students while mom and dad run the race.
The Golden SURF Board is back! All Davie County Schools will have the opportunity for students and staff to compete in the Golden SURF Board! The Golden SURF Board 2020 will be awarded to the Davie County School that has the most participants from students and staff on race day. The winning school will get to display the Golden SURF Board at their school until the 2021 race. Which school will be the winner?
All proceeds from the Popsicle 5K will support youth led projects in Davie County. Organized under the Davie Community Foundation, the SURF (Students Understanding Real Futures) Board is a youth philanthropy board for high school students living in Davie County. Each year the Popsicle 5K serves to empower young people by supporting their projects through Grants from the SURF Board.
- Runner & Walker $20 through January 26th
- Team Registrants (5 minimum) $15 through January 26th
- Davie County Students and Staff $10 through January 26th
- Zero K $20
All fees increase to $30 on January 26th, except where noted. All Participants must sign a waiver to participate. No pets allowed on course.
There will be great food after the race, as well as prize opportunities. See you there!