Community Foundation Week, created in 1989 by former president George H.W. Bush, recognizes the important work of community foundations throughout America.
We Believe the Davie Community Foundation (DCF) Serves the County in Five Important Ways:
- DCF helps charitable people establish Endowments to enrich Davie County citizens through the grants and scholarships they generate every year.
- DCF administers a Grants Program offering competitive, designated, and donor advised grants. The Foundation also supports collaborative projects resulting from Healthy Davie Initiative collaborations.
- DCF administers a Scholarship Program benefiting Davie County students.
- DCF sponsors the SURF Board Youth Grantmakers – 21 high school students who learn about and practice philanthropy by raising money and making grants for youth-led projects in the county.
- DCF supports Pearls of Empowerment, giving women a vehicle to learn about community needs and pool resources to make grants benefiting women and children.
“Community foundations impact lives, solve problems, and improve futures,” said Foundation President, Jane Simpson. “As many residents grapple with limited resources and a growing need for services, we continue to bring community partners together through the Healthy Davie Initiative to find innovative and effective solutions for challenges in Education, Health and Poverty.”